ALL STUDENTS AT THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS AND THOSE FROM OTHER DEPARTMENTS TAKING ECON CLASSES NEED TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING EXAMINATION RULES
Admission and General Conduct
- All students taking the exam will be asked to bring their METU ID Card to the exam and place it in a conspicuous place on their desks.
- The proctor of the exam has authority to assign seats to students. If need arises, the proctor may ask any student to change seats.
- Students shall not communicate with one another in any manner whatsoever during the examination.
- Students who are ill and unable to present themselves for the exam must submit a medical certificate to the instructor no later than a week after the exam. If a medical report is not presented, no show will result in one lost exam attempt.
- Any form of dishonest behavior during exams, which includes but not limited to; cheating, plagiarizing and inappropriate collaboration for take-home exams and assignments will ensure a failing grade for the course and will result in further disciplinary action in line with university regulations depending on the severity of the violation.
- Students who are late by more than 15 minutes to the exam will not be admitted.
- Students taking the exam will not be able to leave the exam room before the first 20 minutes are up and during the last 10 minutes.
- Students leaving the exam room for one reason or the other – including to use the restroom – will not be admitted back to the exam.
- Students with special needs need to apply to the Department and present their case and supporting documents before the examination.
Electronic Devices and Notes
- Carrying any kind of active electronic device (mobile phone, smart watch, etc.) will be treated as a cheating attempt. Students are not permitted to have wireless communication devices (e.g. mobile phones) on their desks under any circumstances.
- Calculators may be allowed in certain exams. Instructors of such courses will let students know ahead of time if a calculator is allowed in the exam. Students are not allowed to use calculator functions of mobile devices.
- All electronic devices must be switched off and removed from the desk. All books, lecture notes, coats, bags, pencil cases etc. should be removed from the desk.
- No part of an answer book should be torn out and all answer books and other material supplied in the exam room should be returned to the proctor/instructor at the end of the exam. Please do not attempt to remove any answer books or question papers from the exam room.